Jiri Kuukasjärvi

Default Technics SA-TC30 amplifier

Hi!

I have this AV-amplifier.. And there´s a problem.
After 30-45min on use, the outputs mute. No sound.
Works ok after turning off & on again. For a while. Then again, no
sound.
Amplifier works ok after it has heated up enough..

This seems to be temperature-related problem.. Maybe a bad soldering?
Or possibly some bad component? Any suggestions? I haven´t yet opened
the machine.

- Jiri K.

Alex

check for dry joints around the power output IC and on main board. Thats the
first step.
eliminate that before hunting for faulty components.

Alex.

"Jiri Kuukasjärvi" wrote in message
Hi!

I have this AV-amplifier.. And there´s a problem.
After 30-45min on use, the outputs mute. No sound.
Works ok after turning off & on again. For a while. Then again, no
sound.
Amplifier works ok after it has heated up enough..

This seems to be temperature-related problem.. Maybe a bad soldering?
Or possibly some bad component? Any suggestions? I haven´t yet opened
the machine.

- Jiri K.

Jiri Kuukasjärvi

I disassembled the unit, and checked solderings..
There were some cracks on solderings of those power
IC´s (or whatever, sorry for my english.) Anyways, I resoldered them.
I´m now testing it.. We´ll see if the problem is solved.

- Jiri K.

Alex wrote:

check for dry joints around the power output IC and on main board. Thats the
first step.
eliminate that before hunting for faulty components.

Alex.

"Jiri Kuukasjärvi" wrote in message
Hi!

I have this AV-amplifier.. And there´s a problem.
After 30-45min on use, the outputs mute. No sound.
Works ok after turning off & on again. For a while. Then again, no
sound.
Amplifier works ok after it has heated up enough..

This seems to be temperature-related problem.. Maybe a bad soldering?
Or possibly some bad component? Any suggestions? I haven´t yet opened
the machine.

- Jiri K.

Jiri Kuukasjärvi

Yes, you told it to me. I sent this question to the group before mailing to you.

And of course I forgot to cancel..

Amp is fine.

- Jiri K.

Alex wrote:

comes on when the volume goes up.
though i think i told this to u in onf of our personal emails :]

hows the amp going?

"Jiri Kuukasjärvi" wrote in message
One more thing.. Is that fan on the back supposed to spin all the time,
or is there some kind of thermal switch controlling it? I kept the unit on

for
over 1h,
and it got almost too hot to touch.. But fan didn´t spin at all.

- Jiri K.