ABDC EFGH

Default KV-32S20 problem

Daniel:

Do you have a reason why you said "Most likely it is NOT the CRT (picture
tube)."??? I was just curious if anyone has encountered anything like this
before. I am capable of fixing electronics, I am just not that familiar
with CRT's. It is kind of a hassel to get a 170lb 32" tv to a repair shop,
that is why I asked on here first.

"Sofie" wrote in message
ABDCEFGH:
Most likely it is NOT the CRT (picture tube).
Obviously, in order to know for sure what the fault is, an experienced
television repair tech with the needed electronics knowledge must get

inside
the television and do the required troubleshooting with the proper test
equipment, tools, and replacement parts..... the internet or a phone call
won't suffice..
The best advice you could get is to take it to a service shop for at the
very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair
decision with facts instead of internet wild guesses.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"ABDC EFGH" wrote in message
I have a sony KV-32S20. Right now, the tv powers up fine, audio works,

but
the video is not working. The screen is a solid magenta color with

white
horizontal raster lines. The horizontal raster lines go all the way

across
the screen at the top and bottom, but in the middle they are offset from

the
edge, making a parabolic shape along the edge of the screen. I have

tested
most of the circuitry and most of the voltages are ok. Anyone seen
something like this in the past? I suspect it could be the picture

tube,
but is there anyway to know for sure without carrying the set into a

shop?

Sofie

ABDCEFGH:
The CRT is at least partially working since the screen is magenta colored
with retrace lines and there is also an obvious pin cushion problem..... I
would expect to see something in the way of video, picture, or snow......
more than likely the video drive circuitry and/or jungle chip.... and the
PIN circuitry.... along with other faults.
You mentioned in your posting that you ".... tested most of the circuitry
and the voltages are OK"
Please describe exactly what circuitry you tested and the results of those
tests..... and what voltages you measured and what did the meter read.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"ABDC EFGH" wrote in message
Daniel:

Do you have a reason why you said "Most likely it is NOT the CRT (picture
tube)."??? I was just curious if anyone has encountered anything like

this
before. I am capable of fixing electronics, I am just not that familiar
with CRT's. It is kind of a hassel to get a 170lb 32" tv to a repair

shop,
that is why I asked on here first.

ABDCEFGH: