DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Zenith TV A25A11D and Tuner 175-02721 Replacement Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37115-zenith-tv-a25a11d-tuner-175-02721-replacement-problem.html)

Brad Petria July 16th 03 07:23 PM

Zenith TV A25A11D and Tuner 175-02721 Replacement Problem

Hi,

In shop is a Zenith TV A25A11D 9-1790-1 with bad tuner 175-2721. The
clock or data line (don't remember which) was pulled low. With the tuner
removed, the level is normal on both lines. I ordered a new tuner from
LG-Zenith. I installed the tuner, powered up the TV. This time, snow and
rush sound occurred (didn't before). I ran auto program, but no channels were
found. Note: I confirmed good signals were present at cable. An article in
E S&T 10/00 by Bob Rose states, "when you install one of them (tuner), you
must make certain modifications to the control circuit, or the new L.G.
Electronics tuner won't work. Note: There were no instructions with tuner.
I called LG-Zenith and told the person about it, but she said she doesn't know
anything.
Thanks in advance, Brad

Tip for your old computer (reduce discard pollution too):

If you can't sell your old computer, don't throw it away. Use it to backup
your software by transferring files/folders from your new computer or laptop
to it. I transferred my Windows folder and other stuff to my old computer
using "PC Link", which I downloaded from www.simtel.net (cool site).

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/52792.shtml (info or download)

David July 17th 03 03:41 AM

Zenith TV A25A11D and Tuner 175-02721 Replacement Problem

Follow the 5v line back, the modification is on those with a simple dropping
resistor (like yours) it needs lowered in value to bring the 5v line back
up.

You will probably measure the 5v line low right now. I cannot remember the
exact value, but I think it was to replace it with a 120ohm 2 watt
resistor?????

David

David Harris July 17th 03 05:12 PM

Zenith TV A25A11D and Tuner 175-02721 Replacement Problem

Change RX3417 to 220 ohms. That will get you going.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Isn't LG/Zenith sad, sad, sad? Zero support while we twist and turn
in the hot desert wind.

bigmike July 17th 03 08:00 PM

Zenith TV A25A11D and Tuner 175-02721 Replacement Problem

"David Harris" wrote in message
om...
Change RX3417 to 220 ohms. That will get you going.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Isn't LG/Zenith sad, sad, sad? Zero support while we twist and turn
in the hot desert wind.

Especially considering what Zenith use to be at one time.