Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

Default Toshiba laptop power problem

Hi, all

I have this Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100. It works for bout an hour and then
sudenly dies. AC light starts flashing amber. I can not turn it back on. I
have to disconnect AC adapter and battery and leave it lik that for an hour
or so before it starts working again. Just removing the power and putting it
back does not do anything. It may saty completely off or turn on for a few
seconds before shutting down again.

Obviously, laptop detects some kind of error. Can anyone tell me what this
error mean? I tried freeze spray on CPU and power supply parts on top of PCB
without luck.

Thanks,
Rudolf

Andre

"Rudolf Ladyzhenskii" wrote in message u...
Hi, all

I have this Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100. It works for bout an hour and then
sudenly dies. AC light starts flashing amber. I can not turn it back on. I
have to disconnect AC adapter and battery and leave it lik that for an hour
or so before it starts working again. Just removing the power and putting it
back does not do anything. It may saty completely off or turn on for a few
seconds before shutting down again.

Thermal failure , most likely .

Did you check the little thermal bead near or under the CPU ?
Sometimes those fail open causing a rapid shutdown .

#include disclaimer.h

-A

Obviously, laptop detects some kind of error. Can anyone tell me what this
error mean? I tried freeze spray on CPU and power supply parts on top of PCB
without luck.

Thanks,
Rudolf

Laptop LCD backlight problem -=Erx=- Electronics 3 January 25th 04 08:20 PM
power flushing Andy Hall UK diy 4 September 9th 03 11:59 PM
Power Shower Problem Fredrick Skoog UK diy 5 August 4th 03 09:52 PM
Phase converter balancing Karl Townsend Metalworking 7 July 13th 03 12:48 AM