DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Philips 27PS55 Vertical Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37051-philips-27ps55-vertical-problem.html)

JohnAce July 14th 03 09:42 PM

Philips 27PS55 Vertical Problem

I have a Philips in for repair 27PS55 model 27T800 Chassis. I have no manual
for this yet because it is fairly new. The picture is there but you get black
bars in the middle of the screen. The bottom has a margin. The IC is a TDA8359
for an output. Thanks

Bill Jr July 15th 03 12:50 AM

Philips 27PS55 Vertical Problem

Pick one or more of the main causes for this,

1. the vertical output or its supplies
2. jungle/micro
3. eprom

Any of these three can cause the problem you describe.

Oops, forgot to add the yoke to the list although not near as common for
failure.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

BTW, if you end up having to replace the jungle/micro, don't forget to order
the service remote as the new firmware just might have changed and normal
methods might not work anymore.