Joust

Default Sony TV KV27TS27

i know this has been mentioned a dozen times or more but i have a case that
is slightly different.

i fixed a ground problem and some tuner issues. An i have identified my bad
sbx1637-11.
now i have picture but very faint sound (most likely due to sbx1637-11 which
i have not bought yet.

my problem is this.
I also have a strange problem with the tuner. It seems that switching
between TV and Video does nothing....much. It stays on TV (RF input) sound
works but squeals a bit and is very faint.

I resoldered the solder points within the tuner
http://www.videotech.org/tuner.html and now it seems to switch but no more
video in video mode.. the sound is somewhat louder in video mode too.

i tried changing a couple caps on the sbx1637-11 but there seems to be more
wrong with it. i'll order one from somewhere.

if someone could recomened something to look for to fix the tv/video
switching problem i'd really appreciate it.

Barry

Sidney

You can find free Sony service bulletins and free schematic downloads
at:

http://www.schematicsforfree.com/sony/sony.html

as Sony does not sell service bulletins nor service manuals directly
to the public but their literature is available to be purchased
through there authorized repair parts distributors.All techs in our
industry "SHOULD KNOW THIS".

The first site has free Sony,Zenith and other makes of free
downloadable repair tips program:

http://orpheuscomputing.com/technici...downloads.html
http://www.videotech.org/sony.htm
http://wa6ati.com

then click on "TSS log for Sony direct view"

Here is an article that I contributed to NESDA and written by Joe
Sopko that has many equal part #'s for that SBX1637-01/11:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.globalsemi.com/sbx1637-11.html
http://www.newark.com/product-detail...ge/32-9495.jpg
Joust

searched those sites.
some bulitins about dead units and the tuner solder problem but nothign
about the rf/Video switching.

if i could only get the unit to Video only then it would work well in my
situation.
can someone help me achieve that?

Sony DVD JILLIAN RICHMOND Electronics 0 May 2nd 04 09:27 PM
Sony KV-M1420U Television - No Colour mlv UK diy 12 February 23rd 04 01:08 PM
Sony Magnescale DRO Dick Streff Metalworking 1 December 14th 03 06:04 PM
Lightening/cable surge = Sony TV problem David Electronics Repair 3 July 18th 03 06:27 AM
Sony G410R Monitor problem (and bad Sony support) Steeve M Electronics Repair 7 July 15th 03 12:24 AM