Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:29:45 -0400, TJ wrote:

And, the less forgiving of carelessness in others.

Ah, I should have tried *bolding* my smiley -- so: *:-)* . Cheers, -- tlvp
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 02:08:44 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

"tlvp" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:14:53 -0700, wrote:

... why the product of our education
system is waining.

Yup. The product "is waining" ... 'cuz the system is *faling* :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp

:-)

Arfa

Ah, glad there are still folks who appreciate light-hearted irony :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

... why the product of our education
system is waining.

Yup. The product "is waining" ... 'cuz the system is *faling* :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp

One could possess the best education possible, yet still be
fumble-fingered and careless. In my rather limited experience, the
higher the education, the more overconfident, and the more prone to
carelessness. And, the less forgiving of carelessness in others.

TJ

People can be "fumble-fingered and careless" regardlesst of their
level of education. Unless you have some real evidence to back up your
claim that "the higher the education, the more overconfident, and the
more prone to carelessness". You did say "In my rather limited
experience", so perhaps you should get more education and see if it
makes you "fumble-fingered and careless".

But I will still support improving the education level in the country
and take the risk of you unbased claims.

My post wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at the person who pointed out
your obvious typos, implying that they negated your point.

There are many kinds of education. I have a BSEE, so I am not entirely
uneducated in the sense that you mean in your posts. I am also the son
and grandson of men who, while they never completed high school, were
some of the smartest people that I've ever known - in the ways that
really matter.

From time to time I find myself fumble-fingered when it comes to
typing, and careless when in a hurry or when my mind is on something
else. I am, after all, human - a point my father and grandfather took
great pains to teach me.

Most of those I've met who can put strings of letters after their names
won't readily admit to that kind of thing, even though I've seen them
make as many or more mistakes than I do.

TJ

I've heard that your typical BSEE can't draw two 3 phase transformers
connected in Delta Wye configuration. They learn a lot of DC and network
theory and junk like that, but couldn't connect a conveyor belt to the
mains to save their lives. Is this true?
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair

On 04/24/2014 11:11 AM, dave wrote:

I've heard that your typical BSEE can't draw two 3 phase transformers
connected in Delta Wye configuration. They learn a lot of DC and network
theory and junk like that, but couldn't connect a conveyor belt to the
mains to save their lives. Is this true?

I wouldn't know. I don't have much to do with "typical" BSEEs. Note that
I didn't say my occupation is as an EE. My degree is nearly 45 years
old, but it is still a degree, and it brands me as having been educated,
often much to my dismay.

I run the family farm, third generation of my family to do so. I've
never done any 3 phase work, nor do I pretend to be qualified in that
area. My work as an engineer ran more toward using computers. However, I
have been known to repair a motor for a hay elevator before now, have
rebuilt several tractor alternators and starter motors. My formal
education gave me a base to learn those skills, among others, but I went
from that base on my own.

The main thing schooling taught me was how to learn.

TJ
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair

I've heard that your typical BSEE can't draw two 3 phase transformers
connected in Delta Wye configuration. They learn a lot of DC and network
theory and junk like that, but couldn't connect a conveyor belt to the
mains to save their lives. Is this true?

Probably. The BSEE curriculum is divided into specialties, with the
majority focusing on computer architecture, not electrical network
architecture. It's been that way for decades now. Your expectation is
sort of like asking a cardiologist to perform brain surgery.