Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default onkyo SR606

Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my receiver?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 01/04/14 20:47, wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my receiver?

Yes.

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my receiver?

I could do that.

Gareth

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014, Gareth Magennis wrote:

wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my receiver?

I could do that.

In over forty years, I've never seen a capacitator.

I've heard about them, but never seen one. Indeed, I've never seen one
written about in books or magazines about electronics.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:47:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my receiver?

Some idea of where you are located would help too...

USA?, Europe?

Dan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my
receiver?

I could do that.

In over forty years, I've never seen a capacitator.

I've heard about them, but never seen one. Indeed, I've never seen one
written about in books or magazines about electronics.

Michael

Its an interocitor I'd most like to come across sometime
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my
receiver?

I could do that.

In over forty years, I've never seen a capacitator.

I've heard about them, but never seen one. Indeed, I've never seen one
written about in books or magazines about electronics.

Michael

Its an interocitor I'd most like to come across sometime

Orgone Accumulators look an interesting substitution, but maybe a bit large
to fit into an Onkyo.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1404011837230.28731@darkstar. example.org...

wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my
receiver?

I could do that.

In over forty years, I've never seen a capacitator.

I've heard about them, but never seen one. Indeed, I've never seen one
written about in books or magazines about electronics.

Michael

It belongs to the same genus as its cousin, the cazapitor ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

Its an interocitor I'd most like to come across sometime...

True, true. We all need electron sorters, but you can never find one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 06:13:29 -0700, dave
wrote:

On 04/01/2014 12:47 PM, wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get the capacitators replaced on my receiver?

Why do you think it needs that? If it's starting to hum, it may need a
couple of caps changed, not all of them. Be careful. It's probably
cheaper to replace it.

There is a known failure mode on this model where the the HDMI input
would not lock on, and the unit would simply report that there was no
signal. This is sometimes heat related, where you would need to let
the unit warm up a bit before it would see the HDMI signal. Also, the
OSD wouldn't show up.

I have one of these units and experienced this behavior myself. There
is a lot on info on the net about exactly what capacitors to replace,
and where they are.

It wasn't a walk in the park for me (because the caps were all surface
mount), and I had lifted a trace and didn't know it. Eventually, I got
it straightened out, but it was a chore.

There is info on the AV forums for this repair if you want to attempt
it yourself.

http://www.highdefforum.com/high-def...aka-606-a.html

If not, I recommend that you take it to a local repair shop and point
them to the link above and ask them to do it.

....Or you can just outright buy a new HDMI board from Onkyo, but as I
recall, the cost of that board exceeded the value of the entire unit,
so it's probably not worth it.

ONKYO TU-D1 Brasto Electronics Repair 1 August 2nd 08 12:09 AM
Source for Onkyo OPU? John Hudak Electronics Repair 2 May 8th 07 01:02 PM
Onkyo SV414PRO [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 12:25 AM
onkyo TX - 37 Wbelsito Electronics Repair 0 December 14th 04 10:36 PM
ONKYO TX-DS575 help please Tim Schwartz Electronics Repair 0 August 2nd 04 01:32 PM