DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   VW CAR RADIO CODE (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/36929-vw-car-radio-code.html)

Angulos July 10th 03 06:09 AM

VW CAR RADIO CODE

Hi!...Does anyone here know or can direct me to a site where I can retrieve a
code for a VW radio that a friend gave me since he'd replaced it with a off the
market CD player?
When I power up the radio, a message shows: 'SECURITY" and it doesn't have any
functions at all.
Your help much appreciated.
Alphie

Jerry Greenberg July 10th 03 09:31 AM

VW CAR RADIO CODE

Angulos wrote:

Hi!...Does anyone here know or can direct me to a site where I can retrieve a
code for a VW radio that a friend gave me since he'd replaced it with a off the
market CD player?
When I power up the radio, a message shows: 'SECURITY" and it doesn't have any
functions at all.
Your help much appreciated.
Alphie

This is dealer only. Your friend should have the code in the
instruction book that came with the car and radio. If not, the dealer's
service rep must replace the EPROM in the radio. Most of the time this
costs about $50 to $100 depending on the model. They will not sell you
the parts directly, this is a dealer item repair only.

--

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

Ricardo Matos Abreu July 10th 03 11:46 AM

VW CAR RADIO CODE

That's a security feature, avoiding a stolen radio to work on another car.
Everytime power is cut, the radio enters this protection mode.

The friend who sold the radio to you must have the code. If not, he may
contact VW to retrieve it.

Ricardo