DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need a special cable (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/368817-need-special-cable.html)

[email protected] March 13th 14 09:42 PM

Need a special cable

I need a cable 5 to 6 ft long that has a 3.5mm plug on each end. The plug needs to have 4 connections, (three segments), that is, ground, video, and left and right audio. This cable is to connect the AV output of a video player to a stereo monitor. I have looked for this thing but so far all I can find is a cable with the proper connector on one end and RCA plugs on the other. This would require my having to buy two cables and three barrels and put them together to make this work. And Radio Shlock wants 25.00 just for one cable. Does anyone know where I can find this animal? Thanks, Lenny

Geoffrey S. Mendelson March 13th 14 10:44 PM

Need a special cable

wrote:

I need a cable 5 to 6 ft long that has a 3.5mm plug on each end. The plug needs to have 4 connections, (three segments), that is, ground, video, and left and right audio. This cable is to connect the AV output of a video player to a stereo monitor. I have looked for this thing but so far all I can find is a cable with the proper connector on one end and RCA plugs on the other. This would require my having to buy two cables and three barrels and put them together to make this work. And Radio Shlock wants 25.00 just for one cable. Does anyone know where I can find this animal? Thanks, Lenny

I got a whole bunch of them for a few dollars each on eBay.

Geoff.

Massoud March 13th 14 10:56 PM

Need a special cable

wrote in
:

I need a cable 5 to 6 ft long that has a 3.5mm plug on each end. The
plug needs to have 4 connections, (three segments), that is, ground,
video, and left and right audio. This cable is to connect the AV
output of a video player to a stereo monitor. I have looked for this
thing but so far all I can find is a cable with the proper connector
on one end and RCA plugs on the other. This would require my having to
buy two cables and three barrels and put them together to make this
work. And Radio Shlock wants 25.00 just for one cable. Does anyone
know where I can find this animal? Thanks, Lenny

Mouser PN 172-8362-E $3.50

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

dave March 14th 14 01:57 AM

Need a special cable

On 03/13/2014 02:56 PM, Massoud wrote:
wrote in
:

I need a cable 5 to 6 ft long that has a 3.5mm plug on each end. The
plug needs to have 4 connections, (three segments), that is, ground,
video, and left and right audio. This cable is to connect the AV
output of a video player to a stereo monitor. I have looked for this
thing but so far all I can find is a cable with the proper connector
on one end and RCA plugs on the other. This would require my having to
buy two cables and three barrels and put them together to make this
work. And Radio Shlock wants 25.00 just for one cable. Does anyone
know where I can find this animal? Thanks, Lenny

Mouser PN 172-8362-E $3.50

He wants stereo plus video. You'll have to use RCA cables. Try Markertek
or B and H Photo. You might get lucky.