DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ST semi - CHN063AB. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/367976-st-semi-chn063ab.html)

Ian Field February 18th 14 04:43 PM

ST semi - CHN063AB.

Anyone know whether this is a thinly disguised MC34063?

Its definitely a switcher of some sort.

Thanks.

Alex[_14_] February 18th 14 07:36 PM

ST semi - CHN063AB.

Ian Field wrote:
Anyone know whether this is a thinly disguised MC34063?

Its definitely a switcher of some sort.

Thanks.

It's a clone of MC34063 Switching Regulator.
I've seen it on websites that they're offered as a direct replacement
for MC34063.

Ian Field February 18th 14 08:30 PM

ST semi - CHN063AB.

"Alex" wrote in message
Ian Field wrote:
Anyone know whether this is a thinly disguised MC34063?

Its definitely a switcher of some sort.

Thanks.

It's a clone of MC34063 Switching Regulator.
I've seen it on websites that they're offered as a direct replacement for
MC34063.

Thanks - it sort of crossed my mind that the CHN prefix might stand for the
Chinese cheapie version.

As it happens I bought a quantity of 34063 from Farnell a while back - a
couple of cheap clones might do for times I determine component values
empirically.