DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   unusual reverb tank (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/366277-unusual-reverb-tank.html)

N_Cook January 8th 14 08:25 AM

unusual reverb tank

Well I've not seen this type before, in a PV studio pro of 1988.
2 springs and 2 coil frames but only one sping per frame. So on diagonal
ends a frame and on the opposing diagonal a taught wire link connecting
the "dead" end of each spring.
Obviously less mechanical power throughput compared to 2 or 3 coils per
frame, offset with more electronic gain presumably. So change of tonal
structure? more bass component equivalent to a tank of twice the length?
or a longer reverb time? or both?

dave January 8th 14 01:08 PM

unusual reverb tank

On 01/08/2014 12:25 AM, N_Cook wrote:
Well I've not seen this type before, in a PV studio pro of 1988.
2 springs and 2 coil frames but only one sping per frame. So on diagonal
ends a frame and on the opposing diagonal a taught wire link connecting
the "dead" end of each spring.
Obviously less mechanical power throughput compared to 2 or 3 coils per
frame, offset with more electronic gain presumably. So change of tonal
structure? more bass component equivalent to a tank of twice the length?
or a longer reverb time? or both?

Neat. AES has MOD tanks for under $20; I'd save the PV as a museum piece.