Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default microwave microswitch

Hi Gents, Well the microwave stopped working over the holiday.
(Two year old Cuisinart)
(Insert rant here about security screws.. torx with the pin in the center.)
After opening it up I found that the main door micro switch was no good. The warning on the inside says to only replace with other KW3A switches. Here’s a picture of what it looks like.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...tch-KW3A-.html

125V, 16A. Only has NO contact populated.

I’m looking for some place to order this is the US. There are similar looking switches made by honeywell and sold by mouser or newark.
These are V7 series. V7-6c17d8 14 ozf of force
or V7-1c17d8 5.6 ozf of force.
(only speced to 15 amps.. but should be fine.)
I figure I should order a handful of them since there are *three* switches in the door.
So first what’s an ozf? is it an ounce? I guess I can pull one of the working switches and measure how much force it takes to close it.

Here’s a link to newark.
http://www.newark.com/honeywell-s-c/...whereElse_None

any other advise is welcome.
(Hey I'm still searching for specs on the KW3A switch... like life time and contact force.)

George H.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 30/12/2013 15:55, wrote:
[...]

seems to go back to the days of slugs, ergs and all that antedeluvian
stuff. Like pound-force, presumably ounce-force