Old January 19th 16, 01:39 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 32" LCD TV DVD combo DEAD. Model Number RLCDV3282A-B

"John Heath" wrote in message

DOn't reply to old posts just because google lets you, don't reply to old
posts.

Michael

Your baby finger is staying on the shift key too long leading to double
capital letters such as ANd and DOn't. I'm not complaining here , just
saying.

I often have the same problem.

Old January 19th 16, 02:09 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2016-01-19, John Heath wrote:
DOn't reply to old posts just because google lets you, don't reply to old
posts.

Michael

Your baby finger is staying on the shift key too long leading to
double capital letters such as ANd and DOn't. I'm not complaining here
, just saying.

This is a problem with some keyboards that don't require the key to
travel all the way down before making contact. This causes a release
issue for Shift.

I've tested this problem with a bunch of keyboards.

The one I'm using now has the problem.

Test case "Ru" typed using left-pinky-Shift-left-index-R; right index U:

RuRURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURURuRuRURURURURURU RURURURURURURURURURURURU.

Mostly comes out wrong.

I'm pretty sure I'm releasing the Shift before the u; it's just not
actually releasing the moment the key cap rises from the bottom.

This could be compensated in the operating system's driver. Or in an
aplpication that works with raw scan codes.

That is to say, a minimum "hold time" can be required in order for a
Shift to affect a keystroke. Timing diagram:

__x___
R ____/ \__________
__x___
U: ________/ \____
____x___
Shift: _/ \___________
| |
-| |-- t_hold

The x marks when you're actually releasing it; the flat part after that
is the delay to the actual release.

Suppose t_hold between Shift and U is less than the configured minimum,
then the shift is not considered to be in effect for U.
Old January 20th 16, 05:38 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 8:09:30 PM UTC-5, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
On 2016-01-19, John Heath wrote:
[...]

The one that gets me is the accidental hit of the capital lock key. You are typing without really looking at the monitor. You eventual look up to see that the last 2 sentences are all capitals caused by a careless pinky finger hitting the cap lock key. The cap lock key is just above the shift key so it is easy enough to do. Who designed the keyboard layout ?
Old January 20th 16, 09:24 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

There should be an easy way to swap capitals in this case, like hitting shift or caps lock with the text highlighted. It happens to me all the time.
Old June 6th 16, 09:28 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 4:08:19 PM UTC-4, SharpShooter wrote:
Trying to fix a 32" RCA TV DVD Combo. model # RLCDV3282A-B.

When I plug in the TV does not turn ON. However a dim power light (RED led) comes On.

No clicking sound. No buzzing. Nothing. Plain and simply dead except for the dim POWER light.

I am unable to locate specifically the bad component.

Checked most capacitors. No visible signs of damage or bulge.

Across the main 450v 68uF capacitor I get 90v DC. Mains has steady 110V AC.

Output connectors of the main power supply board gives 24, 12 and 5 v DC. No problems.

However, the DVD board is not getting its 5 volt DC which actually comes from the main-board that has the graphic ic and all other video ouput connectors like HDMI etc.

I am unable to trace where/why the 5 volts from this board is NOT coming to the connector. There is another set of long connector on this main board which receives power from the power supply and that shows the relevant 12v and 5 v Dc at that point.

So in short, the main-graphic board that also powers the dvd is not giving 5v dc output to the DVD player - which i believe also powers the switches - and thus the TV is perhaps frozen in standby mode ( I am not sure of that) No remote so I cannot take it out of the standby mode - also ALL the switches are non responsive.

Any help will be appreciated.

Do you still have this TV or do you possibly have the base for it?