DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cellular battery drain (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/360358-cellular-battery-drain.html)

[email protected] July 25th 13 06:41 PM

Cellular battery drain

I got two SX56 in 2005. One I was playing with but never unlocked, the other
I never used until recently. It refused to charge so I replaced the battery.
After working for a few days it drained again and refused to recharge again.
I can't find any obvious contact to cause the leak. Any experience
that might be helpful?

Much Obliged

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Mike S. July 26th 13 03:18 PM

Cellular battery drain

In article ,
wrote:
I got two SX56 in 2005. One I was playing with but never unlocked, the other
I never used until recently. It refused to charge so I replaced the battery.
After working for a few days it drained again and refused to recharge again.
I can't find any obvious contact to cause the leak. Any experience
that might be helpful?

The usual stated useful lifetime of lithum-ion batteries is about 3 years,
plus or minus, whether used or not. Poor charging, usage, or storage
patterns can reduce that even more.

A battery that old likely has developed high internal resistance, such
that the capacity to deliver power is markedly reduced regardless of the
initial voltage after charging.