DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Follow-up on A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/359842-follow-up-sony-crts-color-screwed-up.html)

micky July 12th 13 10:08 PM

Follow-up on A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

Follow-up: A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

Begun June 1.

About a week after the last post in the thread, the sound and picture
started acting up too.

The sound goes click-cl-cl-click-click 2 seconds out of every 4. And
during that time the top 40% of the picture is mostly "static". It
stopped once after only 5 minutes, but other times it kept on like
this for 30 minutes or more.

I decided it wasn't worth any more work on my part, though I still
plan to take the back off and check that one part a couple of you
mentioned, the deguassing thermistor iirc.

I want to do this on a day when it's not raining and I have time to
take the tv to one of the few places I'm allowed to dspose of it.
I'll try to get back to you again.

William Sommerwerck July 12th 13 11:13 PM

Follow-up on A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

Thank you for reporting back with your experiences.