Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need a dc converter

I need some help finding an off the shelf fairly compact dc converter boards that provides two adjustable outputs, one positive and one negative in order to drive power op amps. The input supply will be 12 to 15 volts DC filtered but unregulated (current not an issue), and the outputs I need are plus and minus 5 volts at about 1200ma continuous. For logistical reasons, I'd rather not build them as they are needed to modify some older industrial equipment, some of which is across the country, and there is quite a few of them.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It's been some time but I did see those in the Newark catalog, however right now I do not even know if they're still in business. If not, seems to me that WW Grainger should have what you need. Perhaps even Digikey. If you use Google to find Digikey, make sure you go to the one that is one word, not Digi-Key. I have no idea who those people are, the one you want is one word Digikey. Their website is actually pretty good, at least you can get the price before going to checkout like some places.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Those things are like fifty bucks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 5, 11:35*am, wrote:
I need some help finding an off the shelf fairly compact dc converter boards that provides two adjustable outputs, one positive and one negative in order to drive power op amps. *The input supply will be 12 to 15 volts DC filtered but unregulated (current not an issue), and the outputs I need are plus and minus 5 volts at about 1200ma continuous. *For logistical reasons, I'd rather not build them as they are needed to modify some older industrial equipment, some of which is across the country, and there is quite a few of them.

Do you need the +/- supplies to be regulated? Or can you make a "rail
splitter" to give yourself a ground that floats between the power
rails? (another power opamp could be the rail splitter.)

(You could do a rail splitter and then +/-5 volt regulators... but at
12V you start to run out of head room.)

George H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Rich Webb wrote:
On Sun, 5 May 2013 15:23:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Those things are like fifty bucks.

How about a Murata BEI15-050-Q12P-C for 18.52GBP at RS components or 32USD
at Digi-Key?
How much cheaper do you need, or lower quality can you accept?