Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Parts for a Toshiba M-782 VCR.

Is any vendor still selling parts for a Toshiba M-782 VCR? I have one in which the cam gear or lever gear which lifts the right side of the cassette is broken.

Thanks, ... Peter E.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3/13/2013 11:40 AM, Peter Easthope wrote:
Is any vendor still selling parts for a Toshiba M-782 VCR? I have one in which the cam gear or lever gear which lifts the right side of the cassette is broken.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

I've used Andrew Electronics, an authorized Toshiba distributor. (or at
least they used to be.) 1-800-289-0300 in the USA. Part likely to cost
more than the machine is worth though.

www.andrewselectronics.com/

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:54:42 AM UTC-7, Tim Schwartz wrote:
I've used Andrew Electronics, an authorized Toshiba distributor. (or at
least they used to be.) 1-800-289-0300 in the USA. Part likely to cost
more than the machine is worth though.

OK, thanks.

Then there is the question of identifying the part. I can take a photo of it and describe it but don't know the part number. http://www.orderpartstoday.com/model.../Toshiba/M782/ lists "70051147 GEAR, CAM [B440]" and "70051150 GEAR, LEVER DRIVE [K550]" either of which could be the part. When these machines were in vogue, Toshiba must have had part identification drawings. Do any such drawings remain available?

Yes, an intact used machine might be cheaper. Thanks for the tips.

Regards, ... Peter E.