Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Programming a Dranetz 626

Acquired a basic 626 power analyzer. After fixing up the thermal printer --
which works fine now -- I want to program thresholds etc. I'd start with the
clock but it turns out that all the PDFs I've gathered don't show a single
step re. programming. They are all basically catalogs of plug-in cards
available for the 626 and what they each can do.

Anybody have 626 documentation that shows setup & programming?

(And please, no replies re. "That is so old you're lucky to find
anything...". That goes WITHOUT SAYING.)

Thanks,
Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

"DaveC" wrote in message
Acquired a basic 626 power analyzer. After fixing up the thermal
printer --
which works fine now -- I want to program thresholds etc. I'd start with
the
clock but it turns out that all the PDFs I've gathered don't show a single
step re. programming. They are all basically catalogs of plug-in cards
available for the 626 and what they each can do.

Anybody have 626 documentation that shows setup & programming?

(And please, no replies re. "That is so old you're lucky to find
anything...". That goes WITHOUT SAYING.)

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

I also have a 626. Maybe you (or I?) can start a yahoo group for Dranetz
where we can share some information and manuals?
They are pretty nice units with many options. Seems to be a flood of cheap
supplies.

tm

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

I also have a 626. Maybe you (or I?) can start a yahoo group for Dranetz
where we can share some information and manuals?

You first. (c;

I just received a reply to my request: a few 626 "quick start" guides -- it's
not the complete user guide and makes reference to being sure to read the
u.g. (!) . It covers front panel controls and basic programming of each card.
Do you need these PDFs? Post an email address (sufficiently obfuscated to
avoid being vacuumed by the spam bots) and I'll send them to you.

They are pretty nice units with many options. Seems to be a flood of cheap
supplies.

tm

I resurrected the thermal printer by scrubbing the print head with alcohol
and a brush. Prints like new. Paper travel without crinkling is a bit fiddly,
but once it gets going it seems to self-center.

Do you have a parts mule? I need the plastic side panel under the carry
handle (about 3.5 x 15 inches).

Cheers,
Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Do you have a parts mule? I need the plastic side panel under the carry
handle (about 3.5 x 15 inches).

And front and rear travel covers!

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

"DaveC" wrote in message
[...]

Ok, I will set it up. I have very little information on the unit, mostly
setup stuff.

No to the parts question but I do see these show up cheap on ebay.

I guess I'll call it the "Dranetz user group".

tm

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

"tm" wrote in message

"DaveC" wrote in message
[...]

Ok, done. He
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dranetz_UG

tm

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Make sure you make it moderated. Otherwise the only posts to the group will
be spam.

We're now a Yahoo group of 2!

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

"DaveC" wrote in message

Make sure you make it moderated. Otherwise the only posts to the group
will
be spam.

We're now a Yahoo group of 2!

If there is spam, I'll turn on the moderation. Right now you only need to be
a member.

I tried to upload a user manual but it was over 5 megs and was rejected. It
is just under 7 megs. If you can take an attachment, I'll converse with you
through the group.

When I got mine, it was very dirty inside. Also, the nicads were dead. I got
it all working now so need to do some studying in the reading room sometime.

Have fun,

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

See group post.

Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

ftp://ftp.dranetz-bmi.com/mkellom/Ol.../626manDoc.pdf

--
Paul Hovnanian
Free the Mallocs!

Dranetz 626 plug-ins DaveC[_3_] Electronics Repair 0 January 20th 13 08:17 AM
NC Programming Rich Grise[_3_] Metalworking 5 February 14th 11 07:14 PM
My PLC Programming RogerN Metalworking 14 June 26th 10 09:15 PM
Pic programming FRKJ Electronics 2 January 23rd 05 10:45 PM
So who knows about PIC Programming loedown Electronics 3 October 3rd 04 03:52 PM