Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default MORE UPDATE: Dell Optiplex SX260 Computer Won't Boot Up

Hi,

More Update:

I replaced every one of those 2200/6.3V with new Nichicon 2200uf 10V
105 deg. caps (verified good by testing them), but that did not fix the
problem. The symptoms are exactly the same as I described in my original
post. Note: I also replaced some other caps that had higher than normal ESR
(eg. 220uf 16V caps).

Note: I measured in circuit the +5V and +12V voltage sources, and both
were "clean" (scoped) and at the proper level.

Without a schematic, there isn't much more I can do. I have decided to
abandon this repair attempt.

John