Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default remove CRT monitor cover?

I have two Dell E770s monitors. One has a less-than-crisp display, the
other just had what sounded like a capacitor flameout. It still works,
but I don't exactly trust it. I'd like to cannibalize these two, to get
one working unit.

The monitor cover seems to be mostly snapped on. I found two screws in
the lower front, and what looks like some sort of latch releases in the
same area. I don't see how these operate, and I kind of doubt they'll
release the whole thing anyway.

Any clues about how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

George wrote:
I have two Dell E770s monitors. One has a less-than-crisp display, the
other just had what sounded like a capacitor flameout. It still works,
but I don't exactly trust it. I'd like to cannibalize these two, to get
one working unit.

The monitor cover seems to be mostly snapped on. I found two screws in
the lower front, and what looks like some sort of latch releases in the
same area. I don't see how these operate, and I kind of doubt they'll
release the whole thing anyway.

Any clues about how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George

Carefully go over it delicately, then build up more aggression. Not
familiar with specific model. Get different sized screwdrivers !!

Greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:16:00 -0500, George put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I have two Dell E770s monitors.

Here is a service manual:
http://elektrotanya.com/dell_m570_e7.../download.html

If there is an FCC ID on the back cover, try the FCC database:
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm

Sometimes there will be photographs of the disassembled unit.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:02:06 +1100, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:16:00 -0500, George put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I have two Dell E770s monitors.

Here is a service manual:
http://elektrotanya.com/dell_m570_e7.../download.html

If there is an FCC ID on the back cover, try the FCC database:
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm

Sometimes there will be photographs of the disassembled unit.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks. It just has the "Tested to comply with FCC standards"
statement. ... BUT, I found the manual ($2), at 'SR Manuals',
http://servicerepairmanuals.net/

George
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:16:00 -0500, George put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I have two Dell E770s monitors.

Here is a service manual:
http://elektrotanya.com/dell_m570_e7.../download.html

If there is an FCC ID on the back cover, try the FCC database:
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm

Sometimes there will be photographs of the disassembled unit.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks. It just has the "Tested to comply with FCC standards"
statement. ... BUT, I found the manual ($2), at 'SR Manuals',
http://servicerepairmanuals.net/

George

Why pay anything when you can have it from ET for free, as Franc suggested ?
As to getting them apart, many of these monitors had two concealed clips at
the top. You have to know exactly where to insert a pry-tool into the gap
between the CRT bezel, and the main case. Once you are in at the right
place, the clip is levered down, which releases it from a corresponding
latch moulded in the back cover. Pulling back at the same time releases the
section that you are prying. You then repeat at the other spot 8 or 9 inches
away. When that has been released, the top of the cabinet will come away
from the bezel. Unfortunately, that's often not the end of it though. With
some varieties, you then need to put some thick foam or whatever onto the
bench, lay the monitor on its face, then put your arms around it, lift it
up, and shake until the rest of it comes away. Brutal sounding, I know, but
that's the way it's done ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 15:14:30 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Yes, the way it's done. It's the same thing I had to do to get my
4-year old away from his cookies.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

micky kom med følgende:
wrote:

[...]

The prying or the shaking?

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.