Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dell Optiplex SX260 Computer Won't Boot Up

Here is an update:

Using a "lo-pwr ohms" (low voltage) B&K meter, I measured about 5.5
ohms across the bank of 2200/6.3 caps numbers C146, C147, C148, etc. Note:
This reading is not caused by charging. I switched to "hi-pwr ohms" and the
reading dropped to 4.4 ohms. Note: 412mV measured (via a DMM) across B&K
meter probes during "hi-pwr" ohms reading.

It is possible that one or more of these caps is the cause of this low
ohms reading (not normal). There are about 9 or 10 caps in parallel.

MORE UPDATE:

I failed to mention that there is no sound (beeps, etc.) when I turn on
the power. Also, I removed the CPU to do some of the tests.

Using an external variable power supply (with current meter) connected
across this bank of 2200UF 6.3V caps in parallel (with proper polarity), at
2 volts, less than 250ma. It looks as though this problem has nothing to
do with a "shorted" cap/s.

Again, Thanks in advance, John