Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cell phone reception enhancer?

We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different cell towers
easily but our cell phone reception is very poor. Is there any cell phone
reception enhancer worth a dam??enhancer
--
To reply to this message please remove the AT
after the kgs1 in the reply to address.

GUNS GUNs Guns
The National Rifle Association wants armed security at every school, and for everyone to be armed. Guns, guns, everywhere,
It worked for Somalia!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different
cell towers easily, but our cell phone reception is very poor.
Is there any cell phone reception enhancer worth a dam?

You're likely to get in trouble if you try to dam any of the Great Lakes.

If you can see the towers, but reception is poor, the likely explanation is
that none of those towers belongs to the company providing your cell phone
service.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"KG"

We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different cell
towers
easily but our cell phone reception is very poor. Is there any cell phone
reception enhancer worth a dam??

** A cell phone needs to an ID message transmit to the tower first to be
recognised by the system.

So the only "enhancer" that works is a high gain ( ie directional) antenna
pointing at the nearest tower.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different
cell towers easily, but our cell phone reception is very poor.
Is there any cell phone reception enhancer worth a dam?

You're likely to get in trouble if you try to dam any of the Great Lakes.

If you can see the towers, but reception is poor, the likely explanation is
that none of those towers belongs to the company providing your cell phone
service.

Bingo. (or a bad phone)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different
cell towers easily, but our cell phone reception is very poor.
Is there any cell phone reception enhancer worth a dam?

You're likely to get in trouble if you try to dam any of the Great Lakes.

If you can see the towers, but reception is poor, the likely explanation
is that none of those towers belongs to the company providing your cell
phone service.

Yeah, dump that cheap AARP phone and get a service that works.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

KG wrote:
We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different cell towers
easily but our cell phone reception is very poor. Is there any cell phone
reception enhancer worth a dam??enhancer
--
To reply to this message please remove the AT
after the kgs1 in the reply to address.

GUNS GUNs Guns
The National Rifle Association wants armed security at every school, and
for everyone to be armed. Guns, guns, everywhere,
It worked for Somalia!

There are devices, but inquire with your carrier. I heard they can help if
you bitch enough.

I used to, and still do have poor reception at a resort, both Verizon and
ATT. You go out a few miles into the lake and reception is great. I also
used to hook into a Canadian tower 50 miles away.

Greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 24, 6:01*pm, gregz wrote:
KG wrote:
We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different cell towers
easily but our cell phone reception is very poor. *Is there any cell phone
reception enhancer worth a dam??enhancer
--
To reply to this message please remove the AT
after the kgs1 in the reply to address.

GUNS GUNs Guns
The National Rifle Association wants armed security at every school, and
for everyone to be armed. *Guns, guns, everywhere,
It worked for Somalia!

There are devices, but inquire with your carrier. I heard they can help if
you bitch enough.

I used to, and still do have poor reception at a resort, both Verizon and
ATT. You go out a few miles into the lake and reception is great. I also
used to hook into a Canadian tower 50 miles away.

Greg

I used to have great USCellular signal strength, but they changed
something and now I only get 1 or 2 bars signal strength where before
it was 3 or 4 bars. Still works ok, except in basement workshop.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:29:34 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different
cell towers easily, but our cell phone reception is very poor.
Is there any cell phone reception enhancer worth a dam?

You're likely to get in trouble if you try to dam any of the Great Lakes.

If you can see the towers, but reception is poor, the likely explanation is
that none of those towers belongs to the company providing your cell phone
service.

The major carriers offer a small device that is essentially your own
personal cell site. You must have a high speed Internet connection
(cable modem or DSL) to use it. The last time I checked, it price to
buy one is about $150 but there are no monthly fees. My daughter has
the AT&T version and likes it. Its range is just large enough to give
you a good signal in your house or apartment/flat.

Pat
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, January 25, 2013 12:02:28 PM UTC-5, Pat wrote:

The major carriers offer a small device that is essentially your own

personal cell site. You must have a high speed Internet connection

(cable modem or DSL) to use it.

DSL is iffy for this device. My DSL (Dial-up Speed if Lucky) won't work with the Cisco system. It's too slow-calls break up and buffer, just like any other download. Cable modem will be no problem.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...er-144317-.htm
, papaG wrote:
kgs1AT wrote:

We live on the edge of the great lakes and I can sight 4 different cell
towers
easily but our cell phone reception is very poor. Is there any cell
phone
reception enhancer worth a dam??enhancer

--
If you are Verizon, try dialing *228 #2. If you are within 5 miles of
your companies antenna shouldn't need any enhancement.

Oh, by the way, In Israel all school teachers are armed, and in the last 10
years they have only lost 3 students.

Food for thought.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

roups.com...