Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default rubber wheel HP67

Does somebody know where to find a rubber wheel for HP 67 magnetic card
drive or at least the exact dimension of the wheel ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 16:35:23 +0100, "yvon.pacheu"
wrote:

Does somebody know where to find a rubber wheel for HP 67 magnetic card
drive or at least the exact dimension of the wheel ?

You can make your own out of clear vinyl tubing:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/hp65/slides/Hp65-Drive-Roller.html
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/hp65/index.html
Note that the photos are for an HP65, but the HP67 is identical.

Discussion on fixing the roller problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.repair/browse_thread/thread/6c452aaefb965189/3951d6ac0b35ee75

The roll of tubing I used is in my office. I'm on vacation for a few
days and will not be able to measure it until Weds or Thurs. It's a
common US size, that may not be available in France.

What I did was cut the vinyl tubing to the correct length with a razor
blade. Use a wooden or covered steel rod as a mandrel as cutting the
vinyl will deform the tubing and result in wavy cut line.
Once I had several vinyl rollers, I put them on a steel rod and
roughed up the surface for better traction.

Also, this is a similar drive wheel repair for the HP67 etc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261144055395
I've tried this using similar O-rings and had little luck with it. In
my case, the end O-ring would fall off and jam between the roller and
the frame.

Mo
http://www.rskey.org/CMS/index.php/the-library/101
This shows the vinyl hose repair method, except using pink fuel line.

Good luck...

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D