DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ramsey LPA1 Performance (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/349217-ramsey-lpa1-performance.html)

AB2VM November 16th 12 06:27 PM

Ramsey LPA1 Performance

I am using the LPA1 linear power amplifier from Ramsey to amplify a 1mW, 10MHz signal and am trying to verify that the amplifier is working. I am using 12VDC supply and have a 50 Ohm resistive load. I get an output signal that looks like a half sine wave with 8.50V peak to peak. This is on the order of 180mW of output which corresponds to 22.5dB of gain.

This falls short of the expected value of 1W of output and 30 dB of gain.
Anyone seen anything similar?

AB2VM

AB2VM November 16th 12 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LPA1 output waveform with 1mW sine wave input at 10MHz and 50 ohm load.