DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Allison AL-120 Speaker Refoam (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/349110-allison-al-120-speaker-refoam.html)

J.B. Wood November 13th 12 12:22 PM

Allison AL-120 Speaker Refoam

Hello, everyone and in particular to those in the metro Washington, DC
area. I have a 20 year old pair of the subject loudspeakers and the
woofers are in dire need of foam surround replacement. Has anyone used
the services of The Speaker Factory (http://www.speakerfactoryusa.com/)
for refoaming? The company's been around for quite a while. Thank you
for your time and any comments about price, quality, etc. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

dave November 13th 12 11:20 PM

On 11/13/2012 04:22 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:
Hello, everyone and in particular to those in the metro Washington, DC
area. I have a 20 year old pair of the subject loudspeakers and the
woofers are in dire need of foam surround replacement. Has anyone used
the services of The Speaker Factory (http://www.speakerfactoryusa.com/)
for refoaming? The company's been around for quite a while. Thank you
for your time and any comments about price, quality, etc. Sincerely,

If you don't have the shakes a DIY refoam is not difficult. You center
the voice coil with thin plastic shims between the voice coil and the
magnet and glue on a new surround. It's easy to eyeball it and get it
right. Tons of YouTube vids.