Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default KLH model KD-1220 DVD Player, Disc Tray will not stay open

Hi,

I have a KLH model KD-1220 DVD player. The disc tray will not stay
open. Note: I was in consumer electronics service for many years.

The only way I can insert a disc or remove it, is by turning off the main
power switch on the front panel right after the tray is fully open.

I searched the web, but there were no solutions for this specific
problem.

Did anyone have this exact problem and repaired it?

Thank You in advance, John