Junior Member

Location: Detroit,Mi
Default Integra DTR 6 staying in standby

My Integra DTR 6 receiver intermittently goes to standby or will stay in standby. I happened to see a beat-up DTR 6 on ebay that was supposed to work so I bought it only to find out that it has the same problem. My originally actually works more consistently- ya. My plan was to swap the beat-up parts but now I have two receivers with the same problem.

I had some electrical training a long time ago that I never used so I can be coached hopefully. I also got the schematics from online.

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

PS - I know this receiver is really not worth the effort but it has some sentimental value and it is now a new challenge.

Thanks,
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--
EricT59

If receiver and amplifier then protection circuit problem , imbalanced
rails, cap or zener problem or failed (SIL usually) protection IC

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message
EricT59 wrote in message

[...]

cap or zener problem - cap very possible; zener - wrong.

Protection IC - wrong. They rarely fail, besides, modern receivers don't use
them and have not for about 12 years now. Protection functions are in the
microprocessor.

Imbalanced rails - possible, particularly if they are "borderline" but
unlikely in this case, as no protect indication on the display. If it were a
protection problem I would suspect there would be some such indication such
as "Protect", "Overload" "Error" or some such on the receiver's display at
the time of failure.

I might start by examining the standby voltage itself, as well as reset and
AC detect lines.

Could be as simple as bad solder connections at the standby transformer.
Common problem.

Mark Z.