Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Induction Hob Top

Hi Guyz

Something fell on top of the Induction Hob and the top has broken.
Otherwise the electronics is not damaged.

What is this material? It looks like glass. Can ordinary glass plate
be used?

Any suggestions?

--
Thanks for your time and response

ClueLess
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"ClueLess"

Something fell on top of the Induction Hob and the top has broken.
Otherwise the electronics is not damaged.

What is this material? It looks like glass. Can ordinary glass plate
be used?

Any suggestions?

** See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass-ceramic#Cooktops

It is quite special and must be very thin on an induction cooker.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Wife did same thing.
Replacement glass + shipping to Hawaii cost as much as a new top.
I had all the pieces and used epoxy to repair. Disassembled and placed the
glass on a flat surface. Take your time. Mine was black glass top with
white speckles. The repair looked OK and lasted until I found a deal on a
new unit. I still have it in the attic as a backup.

"ClueLess" wrote in message
Hi Guyz

Something fell on top of the Induction Hob and the top has broken.
Otherwise the electronics is not damaged.

What is this material? It looks like glass. Can ordinary glass plate
be used?

Any suggestions?

--
Thanks for your time and response

ClueLess

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:52:55 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass-ceramic#Cooktops

Thanks aplenty. That site is really informative and answered my
questions

--
ClueLess

induction hobs Dave UK diy 47 July 31st 08 06:55 PM
Induction hob - not above oven? John Stumbles UK diy 9 March 25th 08 04:50 PM
Need help- Induction cooktop chloe5susan UK diy 5 April 11th 07 11:21 AM
Noisy Induction Hob [email protected] UK diy 17 May 26th 06 10:11 AM
Induction heating... Jon Elson Metalworking 38 August 31st 04 06:29 PM