Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Intel 2107 dram sub....anything?

I'm working on a pc of equipment that uses these 2107 rams and having
nothing but problems with them. They're odd that they don't use a RAS
or CAS. I'm thinking they are their own animal and there's nothing
that can be hacked in as a replacement. The story goes that they were
manufactured on a site that was slightly radioactive leading to the
gradual degradation over time, so I'm a bit hesitant to track down NOS
parts. Any hope or am I dead in the water?

http://www.jrok.com/datasheet/mm5280...07_tms4060.pdf
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:28:20 -0700 (PDT), boardjunkie1
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm working on a pc of equipment that uses these 2107 rams and having
nothing but problems with them. They're odd that they don't use a RAS
or CAS. I'm thinking they are their own animal and there's nothing
that can be hacked in as a replacement. The story goes that they were
manufactured on a site that was slightly radioactive leading to the
gradual degradation over time, so I'm a bit hesitant to track down NOS
parts. Any hope or am I dead in the water?

http://www.jrok.com/datasheet/mm5280...07_tms4060.pdf

If all 12 address lines are strobed at the same time, then ISTM that
you may be able to replace the DRAM with a static RAM.

In fact, if you have a bank of these DRAMs, say 4Kx16 or 4Kx8, then
you may be able to replace the entire array with one or two SRAMs.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 21, 7:14*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
[...]

They are used in banks in this application. 2 banks of 8 with the data
out at pin 7 shared in pairs. The static ram idea is a thought. I'll
have to see what I have on hand that may work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6293708...n/photostream/

That is the configuration.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

wrote in Message id:
:

I'm working on a pc of equipment that uses these 2107 rams and having
nothing but problems with them. They're odd that they don't use a RAS
or CAS. I'm thinking they are their own animal and there's nothing
that can be hacked in as a replacement. The story goes that they were
manufactured on a site that was slightly radioactive leading to the
gradual degradation over time, so I'm a bit hesitant to track down NOS
parts. Any hope or am I dead in the water?

http://www.jrok.com/datasheet/mm5280...07_tms4060.pdf

If those were the DRAM chips that had the bit-flipping problem with the
ceramic packages made from clay that were slightly radioactive, look for
replacements that are in a plastic case.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_C._May

There's 6 of them he
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTEL-P2107C...em2a1c73 cab6