DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony TV (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/345307-sony-tv.html)

Vincent Schmitt August 19th 12 10:01 PM

Sony TV

Hi!
I have a Sony MDL KDL32L4000 that has a distorted picture, which board is
more likely to cause this, the backlight inverter or the T con board?

Thanks for any advice I can get.

Vince

[email protected] August 20th 12 09:10 AM

Sony TV

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 2:01:07 PM UTC-7, Vincent Schmitt wrote:
Hi!

I have a Sony MDL KDL32L4000 that has a distorted picture, which board is

more likely to cause this, the backlight inverter or the T con board?

Thanks for any advice I can get.

Vince

What kind of 'distortion'?

Vincent Schmitt August 20th 12 03:23 PM

Sony TV

Hi!
The top 5 or 6 inches of the picture is fine and the rest of it has shadows
of the picture going across and up and down, its really hard to explain.
sorry

Vince

Vince wrote On Sunday, August 19,

[email protected] August 20th 12 05:54 PM

Sony TV

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:23:42 -0600, "Vincent Schmitt"
wrote:

Hi!
The top 5 or 6 inches of the picture is fine and the rest of it has shadows
of the picture going across and up and down, its really hard to explain.
sorry

Vince

Vince wrote On Sunday, August 19,
2012 2:01:07 PM UTC-7, Vincent Schmitt wrote:
Hi!

I have a Sony MDL KDL32L4000 that has a distorted picture, which board is

more likely to cause this, the backlight inverter or the T con board?

Thanks for any advice I can get.

Vince

What kind of 'distortion'?

These TVs are notorious for bad tcons and bad lcd panels. A picture
is worth a thousand words; by your description I would say the problem
is most likely to be the tcon. It is virtually impossible for a bad
inverter to cause this.

PlainBill

Rick[_20_] August 21st 12 01:05 PM

Sony TV

"Vincent Schmitt" wrote in message
Hi!
I have a Sony MDL KDL32L4000 that has a distorted picture, which board is
more likely to cause this, the backlight inverter or the T con board?

Thanks for any advice I can get.

Vince

I just scrapped one with the same problem. It is the LCD.