Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SMD transistor ID?

Hi,

trying to ID a 3 terminal SOT 23 device on a PCB. It is marked 2.T I ,
except the I is not actually an I but an H on its side, so possibly marked
2.T H, dunno.

(I think its SOT23 cos it is just under 3mm wide)

There is one other of these on the PCB, and it measures in circuit like a
PNP transistor, i.e. 2 PN junctions at 671mV and 675mV on my Fluke.

There are other similar devices on the PCB marked "JG", "8.S 7(on its side
again) and "2.X I".

I have no idea if these markings ID the devices or whether they are just in
house markings?

The PCB is from an Akai MIDI controller keyboard, and this SMD device
connects to the Anode of the diode connected to the +ve power supply pin of
the USB connector. (Presumably for polarity protection)
Other parts in this area are a DC input socket and voltage regulator - this
keyboard can either be run either using USB power or an external wall wart,
so its possibly part of this either/or circuitry.

(BTW, the USB socket had been smashed off the board, taking the inline diode
and a small cap with it, and breaking this transistor in 2 pieces. I only
noticed this damage after replacing the USB socket!)

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2012-08-13 17:03:50 +0200, "Gareth Magennis"
said:

[...]

can be a voltagedetector :
http://www.dz863.com/datasheet-86018...tage-Detector/

--
----------
Kripton

the ESR Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/esr-repository.html
the Geiger Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/geiger-repositor.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:03:50 +0100, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

Hi,

trying to ID a 3 terminal SOT 23 device on a PCB. It is marked 2.T I ,
except the I is not actually an I but an H on its side, so possibly marked
2.T H, dunno.

(I think its SOT23 cos it is just under 3mm wide)

There is one other of these on the PCB, and it measures in circuit like a
PNP transistor, i.e. 2 PN junctions at 671mV and 675mV on my Fluke.

There are other similar devices on the PCB marked "JG", "8.S 7(on its side
again) and "2.X I".

2T on SOT23/TO236 is most commonly a surface mount version of 2N4403 -
MMBT4403, PMBT4403,SO4403.

Similarly 2X is it's compliment, MMBT4401.

SMD ident lists can be found fairly easily on-line, though none claim
to be comprehensive.

http://info.electronicwerkstatt.de/b...md/smd_aktiv/1
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/rch/smt.html
http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/cms.htm

These links will come and go, as they are typically privately
maintained by amateurs.

Sometimes these markings are treated just like part numbers on some
websites, allowing for simpler searching.

http://english.electronica-pt.com/db...nce.php?ref=2x

RL
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ah, that's excellent info, I had no idea about any of that - I've never had
to up to now.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

The odd rotated letters/alien script characters are usually date codes or
batch codes or something known only to the maker

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Fitted a new MMBT4403, and guessed the missing inline diode would be a
Schottky - there was a MBRS140 nearby, so fitted one of those.

And it is all now working, so thanks very much again for those links.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Transistor ID... tmcw Electronics Repair 6 October 15th 10 07:12 PM
CK727 PNP Si drift transistor - CK766 PNP Ge transistor ratings legg Electronic Schematics 19 May 15th 08 01:12 PM
transistor Imran Electronics Repair 10 August 23rd 06 11:41 AM
Another odd transistor Ernie Werbel Electronics 0 August 6th 06 05:08 AM
Transistor CS1092G in Sutton 8 transistor AM-radio ? Matti Kaki Electronics Repair 8 October 22nd 03 09:13 PM