DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sanyo dp42647 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/344906-sanyo-dp42647.html)

OQUINN August 11th 12 08:39 PM

sanyo dp42647

Has anyone worked on this model tv. Ive checked the voltage and it was correct. It has no picture at all but the sound works fine. When i turn the set on it will light up then go to a dark screen. The channels will change and volume will adjust. Does anyone know what this is. I learned this is a common problem with this model and hoped someone could tell me what they have learned about it. Thanks in advance

[email protected] August 12th 12 06:15 PM

sanyo dp42647

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 19:39:43 +0000, OQUINN
wrote:

Has anyone worked on this model tv. Ive checked the voltage and it was
correct. It has no picture at all but the sound works fine. When i turn
the set on it will light up then go to a dark screen. The channels will
change and volume will adjust. Does anyone know what this is. I learned
this is a common problem with this model and hoped someone could tell me
what they have learned about it. Thanks in advance

The symptoms indicate a backlight problem. It is probably an inverter
failure, but could be a bad CCFL.

A quick check on eBay shows there seem to be at least three different
inverters used on this TV. The inverter is usually supplied as part
of the LCD panel, so a defective one must be replaced with the
identical type.

I sould suggest comparing the resistances of the secondaries of the
inverter transfomers. Many of these problems are due to an open or
shorted transformer.

PlainBill