DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hot melt glue gun failure (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/344581-hot-melt-glue-gun-failure.html)

N_Cook August 5th 12 08:29 AM

Hot melt glue gun failure

What goes wrong with such guns?
Probably overheated and then the resistor block inside goes skew and blocks
the melt flow path. While molten but switched off , a rod through the nozzle
hits something solid , probably ceramic of a wire-wound. When powered,
pushing a hot-melt rod in the entry hole, little exudes from the nozzle,
requiring greater force than usual, outer housing seems to have expanded a
bit as well.
When I get a new one , this one will have a PM, but in the meantime , if
anyone has been inside one before.

N_Cook August 5th 12 02:18 PM

Hot melt glue gun failure

N_Cook wrote in message
What goes wrong with such guns?
Probably overheated and then the resistor block inside goes skew and

blocks
the melt flow path. While molten but switched off , a rod through the

nozzle
hits something solid , probably ceramic of a wire-wound. When powered,
pushing a hot-melt rod in the entry hole, little exudes from the nozzle,
requiring greater force than usual, outer housing seems to have expanded a
bit as well.
When I get a new one , this one will have a PM, but in the meantime , if
anyone has been inside one before.

Fixing a Jubilee clip, while hot, around the nose seems to have fixed it,
presumably the heater block realigned itself, but time for a new one anyway.

hr(bob) [email protected] August 12th 12 11:52 PM

Hot melt glue gun failure

On Aug 5, 8:18*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
N_Cook wrote in message

What goes wrong with such guns?
Probably overheated and then the resistor block inside goes skew and

blocks
the melt flow path. While molten but switched off , a rod through the

nozzle
hits something solid , probably ceramic of a wire-wound. When powered,
pushing a hot-melt rod in the entry hole, little exudes from the nozzle,
requiring greater force than usual, outer housing seems to have expanded a
bit as well.
When I get a new one , this one will have a PM, but in the meantime , if
anyone has been inside one before.

Fixing a Jubilee clip, while hot, around the nose seems to have fixed it,
presumably the heater block realigned itself, but time for a new one anyway.

What is a Jubilee Cap????

Martin Crossley August 13th 12 12:24 AM

Hot melt glue gun failure

hr(bob) wrote:
On Aug 5, 8:18 am, "N_Cook" wrote:

What is a Jubilee Cap????

Any of the original electrolytics or paper caps. found in an Ultra
Coronation Twin radio.
Not to be confused with a Jubilee clip, which is a worm-drive hose clip.

N_Cook August 13th 12 08:47 AM

Hot melt glue gun failure

hr(bob) wrote in message
On Aug 5, 8:18 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
N_Cook wrote in message

What goes wrong with such guns?
Probably overheated and then the resistor block inside goes skew and

blocks
the melt flow path. While molten but switched off , a rod through the

nozzle
hits something solid , probably ceramic of a wire-wound. When powered,
pushing a hot-melt rod in the entry hole, little exudes from the nozzle,
requiring greater force than usual, outer housing seems to have expanded

bit as well.
When I get a new one , this one will have a PM, but in the meantime , if
anyone has been inside one before.

Fixing a Jubilee clip, while hot, around the nose seems to have fixed it,
presumably the heater block realigned itself, but time for a new one

anyway.

What is a Jubilee Cap????

+++++
my translator
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tool_terms.htm

if anyone has any additions then please add them to this thread

spamtrap1888 August 13th 12 04:02 PM

Hot melt glue gun failure

On Aug 13, 12:47*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
hr(bob) wrote in message

On Aug 5, 8:18 am, "N_Cook" wrote:

N_Cook wrote in message

What goes wrong with such guns?
Probably overheated and then the resistor block inside goes skew and

blocks
the melt flow path. While molten but switched off , a rod through the

nozzle
hits something solid , probably ceramic of a wire-wound. When powered,
pushing a hot-melt rod in the entry hole, little exudes from the nozzle,
requiring greater force than usual, outer housing seems to have expanded

bit as well.
When I get a new one , this one will have a PM, but in the meantime , if
anyone has been inside one before.

I prefer the simplest one, without any moving parts, where you just
push the glue stick through the barrel.

Fixing a Jubilee clip, while hot, around the nose seems to have fixed it,
presumably the heater block realigned itself, but time for a new one

anyway.

What is a Jubilee Cap????

+++++
my translatorhttp://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tool_terms.htm

if anyone has any additions then please add them to this thread

Here we would say "hose clamp" not "hose clip."