Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Aldi / UK at the moment "Dremel" type drill 135W , high rpm- 13 squid

pages and pages of elfin safety guff , missing absolute basic safety device.
Far too easy to flip the rocker switch to on , in normal handling. Needs a
half shroud gluing around the "on" half of the rocker.
Good speed variation and good chuck axial centring , mounting thread not
compatible with Dremel for anyone with a Jacobs? type chuck for their Dremel

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 23, 5:23*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
pages and pages of elfin safety guff , missing absolute basic safety device.
Far too easy to flip the rocker switch to on , in normal handling. Needs a
half shroud gluing around the "on" half of the rocker.
Good speed variation and good chuck axial centring , mounting thread not
compatible with Dremel for anyone with a Jacobs? type chuck for their Dremel

Did you ever accidentally start up your drill while tightening a bit
in the chuck? A nasty surprise. Lenny
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

klem kedidelhopper wrote in message
On Jul 23, 5:23 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
pages and pages of elfin safety guff , missing absolute basic safety

device.
Far too easy to flip the rocker switch to on , in normal handling. Needs a
half shroud gluing around the "on" half of the rocker.
Good speed variation and good chuck axial centring , mounting thread not
compatible with Dremel for anyone with a Jacobs? type chuck for their

Dremel

Did you ever accidentally start up your drill while tightening a bit
in the chuck? A nasty surprise. Lenny

+++

For dirty / mechanical minor works , ie generating metal dust, I don't work
over the electrical bench but swivel round and work to one side so the crud
is ejected under the bench. So I'm generally handling the drill over my lap.
I'm aware of the possibility of cutting through a femoral artery if a drill
should start up with a small grindwheel in the chuck. So I'd rather loose 13
quid , as I've adapted the drill, should it go wrong in the warranty period
, rather than loose nerves in a finger or 2 or sever a femoral artery.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 27/07/2012 15:25, klem kedidelhopper wrote:
On Jul 23, 5:23 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
pages and pages of elfin safety guff , missing absolute basic safety device.
Far too easy to flip the rocker switch to on , in normal handling. Needs a
half shroud gluing around the "on" half of the rocker.
Good speed variation and good chuck axial centring , mounting thread not
compatible with Dremel for anyone with a Jacobs? type chuck for their Dremel

Did you ever accidentally start up your drill while tightening a bit
in the chuck? A nasty surprise. Lenny

Flip the mains switch off?