DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need Operating and Service Manual for HP Power Supply 6216A (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/343104-need-operating-service-manual-hp-power-supply-6216a.html)

hr(bob) [email protected] July 2nd 12 08:27 PM

Need Operating and Service Manual for HP Power Supply 6216A

I have an old Operating and Service Manual for a HP 6216A bench power
supply. But the photos and circuit board compnent layout are VERY
poor quality. Hoping someone here has a decent set of photos and
board layouts.

[email protected] July 2nd 12 08:46 PM

Need Operating and Service Manual for HP Power Supply 6216A

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:27:40 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

I have an old Operating and Service Manual for a HP 6216A bench power
supply. But the photos and circuit board compnent layout are VERY
poor quality. Hoping someone here has a decent set of photos and
board layouts.

Have you checked this archive?

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/hp/

Jeff Liebermann July 3rd 12 12:20 AM

wrote:

I have an old Operating and Service Manual for a HP 6216A bench power
supply. But the photos and circuit board compnent layout are VERY
poor quality. Hoping someone here has a decent set of photos and
board layouts.

It's amazing what you can find with Google.

Yeah, I see the problem:
http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/06216-90001.pdf

This one looks better, but only slightly:
http://128.238.9.201/~kurt/manuals/manuals/HP%20Agilent/HP%206216A%20Operation%20&%20Service.pdf
http://128.238.9.201/~kurt/manuals/manuals/HP%20Agilent/HP%206214C,%206214C,%206216C,%206216C,%206218C%20O peration.pdf
http://128.238.9.201/~kurt/manuals/manuals/HP%20Agilent/

Judging by the photo of the unit and larger file size, this looks
promising:
http://www.parts-recycling.com/Metal-Working-Machine-/Hydrolic-Press-/Hp-6216A-dc-power-supply-operating-service-manual.htm

Or, just buy an original printed manual:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7602620668

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

#831-336-2558begin_of_the_skype_highlighting*FREE*831-336-2558
#http://802.11junk.com* * * * * * *
#http://www.LearnByDestroying.com* * * * * * * AE6KS

$26.99 for a manual for a $40 supply isn't worth it. The other links
are poor quality images and look to be where my current manual came
from. My unit has a thick-film resistor chip on it, but none of the
schematics show or reference a CTS thick-fim resistor module.. The
last link took me to a Digikey page which did not make any sense.
Thanks for taking the effort

Jeff Liebermann July 3rd 12 05:00 AM

Need Operating and Service Manual for HP Power Supply 6216A

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 20:23:11 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

$26.99 for a manual for a $40 supply isn't worth it.

Actually, that's fairly typical for an original HP manual. Would $10
for a scan on CD be better?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390063677125

My unit has a thick-film resistor chip on it, but none of the
schematics show or reference a CTS thick-fim resistor module..

I noticed that. Do you have the reference designator? I went down
the list of resitors and didn't find anything close. The schematic is
clear enough that I could probably guess the values. I've made
resistor arrays out of discrete resistors when desperate.

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

JW July 3rd 12 11:42 AM

Need Operating and Service Manual for HP Power Supply 6216A

wrote:

$26.99 for a manual for a $40 supply isn't worth it.

Actually, that's fairly typical for an original HP manual. Would $10
for a scan on CD be better?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390063677125

Save the shipping and get it now direct from the source.
http://artekmed.startlogic.com/page3.html

Dave's a great guy, and his prices are very reasonable. I've done business
with him many times.

hr(bob) [email protected] July 5th 12 07:21 PM

wrote:

$26.99 for a manual for a $40 supply isn't worth it.

Actually, that's fairly typical for an original HP manual. *Would $10
for a scan on CD be better?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390063677125

Save the shipping and get it now direct from the source.http://artekmed.startlogic.com/page3.html

Dave's a great guy, and his prices are very reasonable. I've done business
with him many times.

I just e-mailed Dave, and he e-mailed me back in a short time and was
able to tell me in 3 sentences what I was reading incorrectly from the
schematic that I already have. I have him bookmarked.

Thanks for the reference.