Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Logitech driving force steering wheel faulty...

Hello all,
Suddenly our Logitech driving force steering wheel began to smoke and what I could see was the dc motor driver chip burned.
The chip is burned so badly I cannot see the identy numbers on top, to change it.
Anyone has a working Logitech driving force steering wheel, who could give me the numbers on the IC. The pcb has only 3 IC's, the driver chip is a wide 16 pin SMD chip. Thanks a lot!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 07:14:34 -0700 (PDT), powerampfreak
wrote:

Hello all,
Suddenly our Logitech driving force steering wheel began to smoke and what I could see was the dc motor driver chip burned.
The chip is burned so badly I cannot see the identy numbers on top, to change it.
Anyone has a working Logitech driving force steering wheel, who could give me the numbers on the IC. The pcb has only 3 IC's, the driver chip is a wide 16 pin SMD chip. Thanks a lot!!

Pro or GT? Find the FCC ID number for the steering wheel. It should
be on the serial number label. Go thee unto:
http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
and inscribe the number into the search box. Eventually, you should
find photos of the boards and insides under "inside photos".

Also, Google images usually finds inside photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RuPGuwbrHmIKyHj-_AWR9A

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Refurbishing a steering wheel. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 7 March 7th 11 12:17 PM
STEERING WHEEL J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 05:37 AM
STEERING WHEEL AND PEDALS J T Woodworking 0 August 17th 05 01:25 AM
gaming steering wheel [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 May 30th 05 05:59 PM
gaming steering wheel [email protected] Metalworking 1 May 30th 05 12:41 PM