Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Generic/Asion buttons for toy

I gotta fix this toy for my son, but I think it's an Asion knockoff of the Twilight childrens constellation night lights. I need one of the four buttons for the turtle. They're formed plastic buttons, that contact the rubber PCB button pads under-neath. Can I post pics here? I contacted "CloudB", whoes product seems identical, but they claim none of their lights used those type of buttons. I've located the toy on various sites and all come up to an Asian supplier from various manufacturers ugh. so I think this maybe a generic button piece. Any suggestions?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:53:51 AM UTC-6, (unknown) wrote:
I gotta fix this toy for my son, but I think it's an Asion knockoff of the Twilight childrens constellation night lights. I need one of the four buttons for the turtle. They're formed plastic buttons, that contact the rubber PCB button pads under-neath. Can I post pics here? I contacted "CloudB", whoes product seems identical, but they claim none of their lights used those type of buttons. I've located the toy on various sites and all come up to an Asian supplier from various manufacturers ugh. so I think this maybe a generic button piece. Any suggestions?

And the manufacturer is listed as Shenzhen Kowayli Technology Electronics Co. Ltd. Maybe someones familiar? but I think it's just a middle man tradinc Co./marketer for Asian products.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
I gotta fix this toy for my son, but I think it's an Asion knockoff of the
Twilight childrens constellation night lights. I need one of the four
buttons for the turtle. They're formed plastic buttons, that contact the
rubber PCB button pads under-neath. Can I post pics here? I contacted
"CloudB", whoes product seems identical, but they claim none of their lights
used those type of buttons. I've located the toy on various sites and all
come up to an Asian supplier from various manufacturers ugh. so I think this
maybe a generic button piece. Any suggestions?

++++
use one button as a plug -mould - cast to get a copy

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:25:52 AM UTC-6, N_Cook wrote:
djhurt1 wrote in message
I gotta fix this toy for my son, but I think it's an Asion knockoff of the
Twilight childrens constellation night lights. I need one of the four
buttons for the turtle. They're formed plastic buttons, that contact the
rubber PCB button pads under-neath. Can I post pics here? I contacted
"CloudB", whoes product seems identical, but they claim none of their lights
used those type of buttons. I've located the toy on various sites and all
come up to an Asian supplier from various manufacturers ugh. so I think this
maybe a generic button piece. Any suggestions?

++++
use one button as a plug -mould - cast to get a copy

I thought of that, but they're all different from the On/Off button. I'm still looking, but thought by chance...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

djhurt1 wrote in message
I gotta fix this toy for my son, but I think it's an Asion knockoff of the
Twilight childrens constellation night lights. I need one of the four
buttons for the turtle. They're formed plastic buttons, that contact the
rubber PCB button pads under-neath. Can I post pics here? I contacted
"CloudB", whoes product seems identical, but they claim none of their lights
used those type of buttons. I've located the toy on various sites and all
come up to an Asian supplier from various manufacturers ugh. so I think this
maybe a generic button piece. Any suggestions?

++++
use one button as a plug -mould - cast to get a copy

I thought of that, but they're all different from the On/Off button. I'm still looking, but thought by chance...

Why not just use a clothing button of the proper color, and glue it in
place? If it needs a point to actuate the switch, get a plastic shank
button:

http://static.artfire.com/admin/prod...humb_large.jpg

Go to the fabric store, or you could probably find something that
would work in your wife's button box in two minutes.