Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default InFocus LP420 video projector

Dumped but with what looks like a brand new lamp inside.
I assume the projector failed and owner bought a new lamp but because a bit
of a work up changing them , left it inside. Lamp reset sequence makes no
difference, factory reset is via Menu screen. No response to the control
panel buttons as far as the same LEDs stay the same. I've found the control
line for lamp-on and taking the downstream side of its opto coupler H , the
discharge lamp triggers and works fine .
The so-called service manual out there is no help as board-level replacement
"repair" only. All solder except the BGAs (as unseen) seem ok
All DC levels for the controllers seem ok. As this lamp-on control rapidly
goes to one of the 2 BGA proprietries labelled PENG and GUIN (have to be
called something) is that the end of any repair?
I will reassemble , now with a usable lamp , and see if anything turns up on
the video screen

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Replaced a poor ESR 100uF on the main control pcb but no uC control of the
lamp