Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Rustrak Ranger pods: can i test them without a control unit?

i just stumbled across a box in storage that contains a whole bunch of old
Rustrak Ranger (I, not II) stuff. Two controllers, one doesnt work, and
the other seems questionable. About 20 pods, mostly Type 06 J Thermocouple
inputs. I would like to see if i could sell them, but I don't want to be
selling junk.

So, does anyone perhaps know how to test the pods without using a
controller? I can't seem to find an accurate schematic for any of it.

--
dave hillstrom mhm15x4 meow

"I can't find my puppy, can you help me find him? I think he went
into this cheap motel room."
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:19:55 -0400, dave hillstrom wrote:

i just stumbled across a box in storage that contains a whole bunch of
old Rustrak Ranger (I, not II) stuff. Two controllers, one doesnt work,
and the other seems questionable. About 20 pods, mostly Type 06 J
Thermocouple inputs. I would like to see if i could sell them, but I
don't want to be selling junk.

So, does anyone perhaps know how to test the pods without using a
controller? I can't seem to find an accurate schematic for any of it.

If you're just concerned about the ethics, then be quite upfront about
the fact that they're not tested -- and don't expect to get full value
for a working unit.

If you want the full value, then worry about how to test them.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:33:09 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:19:55 -0400, dave hillstrom wrote:

i just stumbled across a box in storage that contains a whole bunch of
old Rustrak Ranger (I, not II) stuff. Two controllers, one doesnt work,
and the other seems questionable. About 20 pods, mostly Type 06 J
Thermocouple inputs. I would like to see if i could sell them, but I
don't want to be selling junk.

So, does anyone perhaps know how to test the pods without using a
controller? I can't seem to find an accurate schematic for any of it.

If you're just concerned about the ethics, then be quite upfront about
the fact that they're not tested -- and don't expect to get full value
for a working unit.

If you want the full value, then worry about how to test them.

yeah. im pretty sure i could sell the whole box for $50 as-is. but it
seems working pods are going for about $25 each on ebay, and i could really
use the cash for the vacation fund! so i thought, what the heck, ask the
brainy folks in the sci.electronics groups.

--
dave hillstrom mhm15x4 meow

Potterton Profile Control Unit Andy Green UK diy 10 May 17th 21 12:04 PM
Cooker Control Unit John Miller[_4_] UK diy 2 July 10th 11 01:25 PM
Engine Control Unit joelmartin UK diy 1 February 14th 08 08:01 PM
Heating/water control unit Bodysnatcher UK diy 2 October 25th 04 12:19 PM
Bypass fan remote control unit? David Gunter Home Repair 4 May 24th 04 03:17 PM