Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Line Voltage PA Primer

Hi to all,

initially inspired by our resident ubergeek " Klem ", about a month ago, I
persuaded my friend Rod Elliot of ESP to put together and publish a
comprehensive discussion of the many complex issues with transformer coupled
speaker loads as used in typical voice paging systems. Aka " Line Voltage
PA " .

The result of our combined efforts may well be THE definitive article
available on the net or elsewhere on the methods, design goals and many
unseen hazards inherent in such systems.

The detailed discussion of the audio transformer saturation hazard ( and how
to defeat it in practice) it is not something either Rod or myself have
ever seen published elsewhere.

http://sound.westhost.com/articles/line-amps.html

Lotta words, read them all carefully.....

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/20/2012 8:05 AM, Phil Allison wrote:

The detailed discussion of the audio transformer saturation hazard ( and how
to defeat it in practice) it is not something either Rod or myself have
ever seen published elsewhere.

Probably because it has so many errors? First of all it is 70.7
Volt, not 70 Volt, so all his calculations are crap.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell"

Probably because it has so many errors? First of all it is 70.7 Volt,
not 70 Volt, so all his calculations are crap.

** Satan has a nice warm place ready and waiting for this psycho troll.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 20, 8:05*am, "Phil Allison" wrote:

The result of our combined efforts may well be *THE *definitive article
available on the net or elsewhere

I don't intend to read it Phil, but if you're involved, it's probably
THE definitive load of **** on the web seen in the last couple of
years.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John-Delusional Troll "

I don't intend to read it Phil,

** Be all way over your pointy head anyhow.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 20, 10:03*pm, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"John-Delusional Troll "

I don't intend to read it Phil,

** Be all way over your pointy head anyhow.

Nice syntax...

Did you do all your research on Wikipedia as usual Phil?

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:
Hi to all,

initially inspired by our resident ubergeek " Klem ", about a month ago, I
persuaded my friend Rod Elliot of ESP to put together and publish a
comprehensive discussion of the many complex issues with transformer coupled
speaker loads as used in typical voice paging systems. Aka " Line Voltage
PA " .

The result of our combined efforts may well be THE definitive article
available on the net or elsewhere on the methods, design goals and many
unseen hazards inherent in such systems.

The detailed discussion of the audio transformer saturation hazard ( and how
to defeat it in practice) it is not something either Rod or myself have
ever seen published elsewhere.

http://sound.westhost.com/articles/line-amps.html

Lotta words, read them all carefully.....

..... Phil

The article was well written and answered a few questions I had about
installing 70V (70.7V was referenced in the article early on) speaker
systems.

I've only done a few of these over the years and have been lucky to have
reasonable sound coming out at the end of the job.

Nice to know how to do it correctly, or at least good theory that can be
argued with instead of opinions.

Lets reduce the flames here, and consider the desired result (an
increase in knowledge) and go from there, otherwise this group often
sounds like a elementary school yard and, as I'm not 8 years old any
more, I for one am not going to play along...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/20/2012 8:34 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell"

Probably because it has so many errors? First of all it is 70.7 Volt,
not 70 Volt, so all his calculations are crap.

** Satan has a nice warm place ready and waiting for this psycho troll.

It's amazing that everyone but you is a psycho troll, isn't it?

OT High voltage line Terry Home Repair 4 June 24th 07 04:53 PM
Line Voltage Thermostats caudiar777 Home Repair 2 June 9th 06 06:46 AM
Voltage on analog CATV line Robert Green Home Repair 14 May 27th 06 10:26 PM
MR16 - low voltage or line voltage [email protected] Home Repair 4 January 11th 06 06:24 PM
Line voltage programmable thermostat? Ben Home Repair 3 November 28th 05 12:23 PM