DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Purging index.dat files on Win 2000 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/342481-purging-index-dat-files-win-2000-a.html)

Bob Natastalia June 16th 12 04:39 PM

Purging index.dat files on Win 2000

If I boot to DOS (Win 2000) and delete all the index.dat files, would that cause any problems?

If better to get a utility, which one would you recommend? I use CCleaner but it does not erase all the internet data even when secure delete is selected.

Any suggestions would very much be appreciated.

Bob

Jeff Liebermann June 17th 12 06:11 AM

Purging index.dat files on Win 2000

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:39:26 -0700, "Bob Natastalia"
wrote:

If I boot to DOS (Win 2000) and delete all the index.dat files, would that cause any problems?
If better to get a utility, which one would you recommend? I use CCleaner but it does not
erase all the internet data even when secure delete is selected.

http://www.acesoft.net/delete_index.dat_files.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index.dat

http://www.codeode.com/index-dat.html
See section 4 on how to delete index.dat files.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D