Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Useful photo copying service

Hello all,

A customer brought me an older Pioneer product with the original
factory schematic. As I usually do, I took it to a copy center (in this
case Office Depot) to have a large format copy made, as its nice to
have, and I hate taping diagrams together.

I noticed that they now have digital copiers, so I asked it they could
give me the digital image too. The answer was, for $3 more, SURE!

Ask them to make sure the copier is set for Black & White as the scan
will be cleaner. Bring a USB flash drive with you, and you'll be set.
The scan was not perfect, but its very readable and shareable.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/13/2012 8:29 AM, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

A customer brought me an older Pioneer product with the original factory
schematic. As I usually do, I took it to a copy center (in this case
Office Depot) to have a large format copy made, as its nice to have, and
I hate taping diagrams together.

I noticed that they now have digital copiers, so I asked it they could
give me the digital image too. The answer was, for $3 more, SURE!

Ask them to make sure the copier is set for Black & White as the scan
will be cleaner. Bring a USB flash drive with you, and you'll be set.
The scan was not perfect, but its very readable and shareable.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

You can make decent C-size copies by scanning twice on a B-size
scanner and stitching together digitally.
Doesn't solve the taping problem, but it's quicker and cheaper than
the drive to Office Depot.
Since most rare schematics are hardly ever used again, I just throw them
away
and print/tape again should I ever have the need.

What I need is a way to scan microfiche so I can get rid of that
bulky fiche reader I'll probably never use again.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
Hello all,

A customer brought me an older Pioneer product with the original factory
schematic. As I usually do, I took it to a copy center (in this case
Office Depot) to have a large format copy made, as its nice to have, and I
hate taping diagrams together.

I noticed that they now have digital copiers, so I asked it they could
give me the digital image too. The answer was, for $3 more, SURE!

Ask them to make sure the copier is set for Black & White as the scan will
be cleaner. Bring a USB flash drive with you, and you'll be set. The scan
was not perfect, but its very readable and shareable.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Care to share?