Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1995 Mits VS-7085 rptv

This is just a shot in the dark question, I couldn't find a service manual
online, probably because of the age (1995) but a tech called me as a last
ditch effort to see if I had the info.

It's a rear projection Mits, circa 1995 with the model number VS-7085
(although it's a 55"), chassis is V14 and the service manual is supposed to
be TS-5087.

The only question is, how do you get the front screen off?

I haven't seen the set but his description is, there is some kind of flap or
access along the TOP trim that opens, the screen appears at this point to
fold forward, but is hung up at the bottom from sliding upwards.

He's convinced there are a couple screws somewhere, maybe holding wood
blocks in to snug the screen, but doesn't see them from the back. He
actually doesn't see anything from the back but says it almost seems like
it's glued in along the bottom, no movement at all.

Does anyone have a clue on this old beast?

-bruce

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 3, 8:24*am, Bruce Esquibel wrote:
[...]

Lots of older Mitsubishis used a hidden screw behind the Mitsu logo on
the front. Try pulling it out slightly and rotating either way

Others had hidden screws under plastic tabs inside the front control
door. Look carefully with a bright light inside the door. If it has
one, remove the tab, expose the screw head, loosen (it's captive), and
pull the front trim off. That will expose the fasteners under the
screen.

Mitsu screens generally slide upward.

John