DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Filter coffee maker - heater element. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/341589-filter-coffee-maker-heater-element.html)

Ian Field May 28th 12 05:01 PM

Filter coffee maker - heater element.

Is there any standardisation on the heater elements on filter coffee makers?

Of the 2 I took to bits, both had almost identical horseshoe shaped elements
clamped underside the hot plate with the water tube welded on below that.

On reflection - I have a couple of paper filter types that have no drip
valve, so I'd have to wait for it to finish perculating before I can take
the jug out to pour coffee, I might have been able to nick the element out
one of those to fix my old favourite with nylon filter & drip valve.