Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Weller IG-102

Hi Group

I got a Weller IG-102 Desoldering unit with the DS-22 iron on an
auction but i think i made a bad buy, it looks like this unit needs a
separate power unit

I have search all over the web, but i cant find any info about the
IG-102. Is there anyone out there that can give me some info about
this unit and maybe tell me what sort of power unit i need ??

Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is a kinda big file but I scanned it and somewhere in there is a
power supply for all up to a certain wattage.

http://www.egmont.com.pl/cooper/kata...009_Weller.pdf

Amazing it is not from Weller dot com or somethng like that. But the
file is good.

That seems to be about all there is though, is this thing like really
old or something ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks Jeff

I have seen that file, but i cant see what to use with this IG-102. I
dont know how old it is. Here is a pic of it:
http://ladda-upp.se/bilder/defcerbgutihb/

There is a cable on the back that is markt 24V AC/ 2A and the plug on
that cable has only 2 pins.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Den 26-05-2012 07:56, Mexa skrev:
Hi Group

I got a Weller IG-102 Desoldering unit with the DS-22 iron on an
auction but i think i made a bad buy, it looks like this unit needs a
separate power unit

I have search all over the web, but i cant find any info about the
IG-102. Is there anyone out there that can give me some info about
this unit and maybe tell me what sort of power unit i need ??

Got one of those too.
This baby needs 24V AND air.
It makes its own vacuum with compressed air.

Short: It needs hookup to BOTH a compressor AND 24V

I hooked mine up to a standard Weller 24V supply and an external vacuum
pump.

--
Uffe
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26 Maj, 16:38, Uffe Bærentsen wrote:
Den 26-05-2012 07:56, Mexa skrev:

Hi Group

I got a Weller IG-102 Desoldering unit with the DS-22 iron on an
auction but i think i made a bad buy, it looks like this unit needs a
separate power unit

I have search all over the web, but i cant find any info about the
IG-102. Is there anyone out there that can give me some info about
this unit and maybe tell me what sort of power unit i need ??

Got one of those too.
This baby needs 24V AND air.
It makes its own vacuum with compressed air.

Short: It needs hookup to BOTH a compressor AND 24V

I hooked mine up to a standard Weller 24V supply and an external vacuum
pump.

--
Uffe

Thanks Uffe

So i have to buy a compressor and a power supply, well thats not going
to happen.
I just have to try and sell it again and get my facts right before i
buy anything next time

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In conclusion- i should deliver vacuum to my IG-102? Or should i connect compressed air and it makes vacuum by itself?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

In conclusion- i should deliver vacuum to my IG-102?
Or should i connect compressed air and it makes vacuum
by itself?

Does a simple solder sucker not suffice?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:56:49 PM UTC-7, Mexa wrote:

I have search all over the web, but i cant find any info about the
IG-102.

The catalog mentions a bunch of IG components, to be used with
a flow of inert gas (up to 5L/minute).

Weller WCC100 gb Electronic Schematics 0 January 14th 08 01:23 AM
Weller WHS Roger[_4_] Electronics Repair 28 November 15th 07 04:19 PM
More Weller help needed Mike Tomlinson Electronics Repair 3 August 30th 06 07:09 AM
Weller documentation g. beat Electronics Repair 3 August 27th 06 08:38 PM