Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba DR5 DVD Recorder output prob

Bought this on Ebay-unit powers up, vhf tuner passes through, and DVD
will load and start OK. The unit does not display splash screen, or
menu, and no output from DVD. Remote works, but with no system
display, can't do much. I removed the backup battery to reset the
unit, but no change. Seems the tuner might be spiked, and won't accept
the board output.
Any thoughts?
JR

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, May 21, 2012 10:11:12 PM UTC-4, JR North wrote:
Bought this on Ebay-unit powers up, vhf tuner passes through, and DVD
will load and start OK. The unit does not display splash screen, or
menu, and no output from DVD. Remote works, but with no system
display, can't do much. I removed the backup battery to reset the
unit, but no change. Seems the tuner might be spiked, and won't accept
the board output.
Any thoughts?
JR

This unit has a component video output correct? Use the composite video cable to check this by inserting it into the green connector. If you see a signal, it is possible that you are in progressive mode. Progressive mode is not viewable through the composite connector. The picture (if any) will not look right, but be somewhat visable. Reset the unit to factory spec and you may recover the picture through the composite connector.

Dan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

No worries-found a CPU reset code online, tried it and the composite
output came up. Works fine.
JR

wrote:
[...]

Home Page: