Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Maytag dishwasher suddenly stopped working

On May 7, 12:31*pm, Amanda Ripanykhazova
wrote:
On mine it was not necessary to remove the upper spray arms. *The
discharge housing slips (snaps) off the tube that leads to the middle
and upper spray arms.

PlainBill

Oh that's where I went wrong! It snaps out and I wasn't prepared to
apply enough force. *Thanks for confirming that, Have now found a
valve so cheaply shipped and will take impeller apart to make sure it
doesnt need too much attention there as well.

Emphatically didnt want to lose that lower tray-cleaning level which
no other dishwasher has now a days!

Hey guys, you were right, the humming was a jammed solenoid on the
input valve which I changed after finding one for the ten bucks i
mentioned. And while the unit may still need cleaning in the impeller
mechanism which I couldnt get at, it is now working properly.