DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Substitutes for this TV thermistor? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/341059-substitutes-tv-thermistor.html)

Goldfish May 16th 12 02:29 PM

Substitutes for this TV thermistor?

Hello
I need a replacement for this thermistor, here are the markings:
T(thunder symbol)9
MZ73BLL
9RM

Data sheet (see page 7):
http://www.ancol.cn/upload/20078316361776520.pdf

TV set I'm trying to fix: Roadstar CTV 2050
Data sheet:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wvt88
Chassis model VE01-20 THM
Chassis # LY12867

Could someone please write a list of suitable replacements?
Thank you.

Franc Zabkar May 16th 12 11:34 PM

Substitutes for this TV thermistor?

On Wed, 16 May 2012 06:29:55 -0700 (PDT), Goldfish
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello
I need a replacement for this thermistor, here are the markings:
T(thunder symbol)9
MZ73BLL
9RM

Data sheet (see page 7):
http://www.ancol.cn/upload/20078316361776520.pdf

That looks like a typical 9 ohm degaussing resistor. Just about any
3-pin PTC degaussing resistor should do.

For example, Murata makes popular replacements, eg PTH451C9R0Q21:
http://www.paulswan.me/arcade/datasheets/PTH451C.pdf

- Franc Zabkar

Ian Field May 17th 12 03:47 PM

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 May 2012 06:29:55 -0700 (PDT), Goldfish
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello
I need a replacement for this thermistor, here are the markings:
T(thunder symbol)9
MZ73BLL
9RM

Data sheet (see page 7):
http://www.ancol.cn/upload/20078316361776520.pdf

That looks like a typical 9 ohm degaussing resistor. Just about any
3-pin PTC degaussing resistor should do.

Er..... not quite!

The most common type has 2x PTC pellet - one of which is directly across the
incoming mains after the switch, this heats the degauss pellet to cut off
any residual current that would cause picture shimmer.

Some makes (notably Philips) sometimes use a PTC/NTC combination - the NTC;
as you would expect is in series with the mains to the rectifier, where it
serves the dual role of limiting inrush surge and using the current drawn
for heating to raise the PTC above residual current.

Putting a PTC/NTC combination in place of a 2x PTC is likely to result in
vapourised PCB tracks and welded switch contacts.

If you've salvaged your replacement degauss resistor from a scrap set; you
can trace the circuit before binning the board - or you can measure the
resistance of both thermistors, then heat the middle pin with the soldering
iron for a minute or two and check that both resistances increase.

klem kedidelhopper May 19th 12 06:37 PM

Substitutes for this TV thermistor?

On May 17, 10:47*am, "Ian Field"
wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry but I have to ask the obvious question. Why not try to get
the OEM part? Lenny

Ian Field May 19th 12 09:09 PM

Substitutes for this TV thermistor?

"klem kedidelhopper" wrote in message
On May 17, 10:47 am, "Ian Field"
wrote:
[...]

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Might cost more than the value of an old CRT telly to do so.