DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No name 1/4 inch jack sockets (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/340056-no-name-1-4-inch-jack-sockets.html)

N_Cook May 10th 12 12:50 PM

No name 1/4 inch jack sockets

First time I've come across non-standard pinning. Moving contact and static
contacts swapped over. Came in because the bushes were breaking off at the
body .
This was a Korean Leem combo
Replaced all 6 and then had to wire them in reversed. Anyone know other
makes where there are such booby-traps , so can be forewarned about

N_Cook May 11th 12 10:30 AM

No name 1/4 inch jack sockets

N_Cook wrote in message
First time I've come across non-standard pinning. Moving contact and

static
contacts swapped over. Came in because the bushes were breaking off at the
body .
This was a Korean Leem combo
Replaced all 6 and then had to wire them in reversed. Anyone know other
makes where there are such booby-traps , so can be forewarned about

Maybe company CHS/CH5? the phones outlet with double isolated C/O switching
style had the same failing, that one marked with that logo.